- About Us
- PI Blog
- Educational Packs
- NIH & NSF Manuals
07/15/2014: Permanent Residence Options for Foreign Researchers and Postdocs Coming to the US
07/23/2014: Using Project Risk Management Techniques to Evaluate Professional Mentoring Programs
07/29/2014: NIH's Pioneer and Innovator Awards: Are These High Risk-High Reward Programs Right for You?
08/07/2014: From K to R: How the NIH Review Criteria Can Help Shape Your Career in the Long Run
08/14/2014: Master Your Scientific Oral Presentation by Avoiding These Top 10 Traps
09/04/2014: Is Your Poster Presentation Doing Your Research Justice? Newer Developments Can Help
No. 131: Combating Interruptions for PI's
- Do you get interrupted all day long? Roughly every eight minutes, someone or something stops the average PI in her tracks, according to Don Wetmore of The Productivity Institute. Here are five techniques that can help improve the situation.
No. 130 Am I Eligible for the NSF CAREER Award?
- Am I eligible for the NSF CAREER Award? Your institution has to meet five eligibility criteria. And always double check with the program officer by calling him or her just to receive an absolute, final confirmation.
129: R01 or R21: Which Would You Recommend for an Early Investigator?
- The R01 is NIH’s standard independent research grant designed to provide support for a “specified,” “circumscribed” project for which you generally need preliminary data. You can request up to five years, and depending upon your budget type, up to $500,000 per year in support. (Note: If you do request more than $500,000 per year in support you will need the Program Officer’s permission to apply.) The R01’s Research Strategy is 12 pages in length. Read More...
128: The Scope of Your Research Plan: Find the Best Way Up the Mountain
- Before making the climb towards completing your NIH grant application you must map out your basic strategy which includes defining the scope of your project. Adhere to this advice when demonstrating your proposal’s scope. Read More...
No. 127: Get Your Foot in the Door With a Winning Letter of Inquiry
- Don’t get passed over for foundation funding before getting your foot in the door. Know what to include and exclude in your next letter of inquiry and how to make your best first impression count. Read More...
Principal Investigators Association | 9990 Coconut Road, Suite 316 Bonita Springs, FL 34135 | Phone 800-303-0129 | Fax: 239-676-0146
Copyright © 2011-2014 | All Rights Reserved